To lead the day to day management of the company’s sales pipeline and relationship development with consulting engineers and owners within the company’s Water Resource market. Specific emphasis will be put on the education, advocacy and pursuit of alternative delivery water/wastewater projects. Will lead the development and execution of project pursuit plans. Will support the development and submission of proposals with emphasis on comprehensiveness and win strategy. Will work with operations staff on the training and preparation for interviews and doer/seller activities. Will work closely with the Vice President of Corporate Development and Water Resources Operations leadership in the execution of business development activities as well as the creation and execution of the market channel’s annual business plan.
- Position reports to: Vice President of Corporate Development
- Position indirectly reports to: Executive Vice President, Water Resources
- Reasons for indirect reporting relationship: For guidance and assistance in developing and executing an informed business plan and associated objectives and strategies.
- Directly reporting to this position: None
- Indirectly reporting to this position: None
- Reasons for indirect reporting: N/A
Execute firm’s overall marketing and strategic planning programs, and facilitate client development through marketing and client services programs.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a strategy of outreach, education and advocacy for alternative delivery projects, specifically in the water resources market.
- Lead the water resources market channel(s) in the management and execution of their pipeline and contact activities including updates to the CRM, with specific focus in these market’s designated geographies.
- Optimize function of the CRM as a business development and sales tool including recurring touches with targeted decision makers.
- Work with the marketing team on the development and execution of an annual marketing and communications plan.
- Contribute to an enduring relationship program with the company’s past and current clients while constantly seeking out new client relationships.
- Lead and support senior management’s sales efforts.
- Identify and regularly communicate with target audience including decision makers and influencers. Lead targeted project pursuits including oversight of business pursuit plans, proposal development, interview prep and client communication.
- Contribute to Shook’s image in the local communities in which it has offices and other target markets through community sponsorships, charitable contributions, associate services on boards and committees, public relations, and other appropriate venues. Track and report on these efforts and the long-term results in order to consistently monitor progress, achievements, and redirect efforts as necessary. Assist operations staff in doing the same.
- Apply critical thinking, problem-solving and research to define and access future markets for Shook.
- Lead a formal project specific pursuit process and manage the execution of pursuit planning on targeted projects.
- Support Shook doer/seller teams in client meetings on a targeted basis.
- Assist in the development and execution of Shook’s corporate business development and marketing strategy.
- Lead monthly business development calls to discuss positioning on active pursuits and plan near and long-term business development activities.
Education: College degree required, preferably in an engineering discipline related to the design or construction of water/waste water infrastructure.
Experience: At least 15 years industry experience with a thorough understanding of water/waste water infrastructure, alternative delivery and the water/waste water marketplace. Strong preference for experience and familiarity with Ohio and surrounding states. Strong leadership and consensus building skills, strategic planning experience, experience or strong familiarity with database management and research activities, a proven track record in developing and administering sales efforts within the water resource market, experience in employee recruitment, training, management, and retention.
Required Skills: Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with team members at all levels in the organization. Polished presentation and interpersonal skills. Must possess top-level business management and facilitation skills. Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows- based computer applications.
Special Skills: Knowledge of the water resources marketplace is essential.
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding, relationships and experience working with both local and national water/waste water engineers.
- Experience in an active role on the execution of alternative delivery water/waste water projects.
- Familiarity and relationships with owners, managers and operators of water and waste water infrastructure plants, preferably in Ohio and surrounding states.
- Articulate with confident communication skills, both written and verbal, and highly developed presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; highly credible with strong sense of personal and professional integrity; able to inspire and encourage others to achieve at the highest levels.
- Highly motivated, demonstrating a creative approach to marketing and business development; demonstrates initiative, drive, determination, and accountability.
- A consultative approach to management; a committed team
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com