Assists with overall management direction to one or more projects. Communicates detailed work responsibilities to subcontractors and supervises for conformance. Establishes, reviews, and acts upon changes in schedules, costs, quality of work and assists in purchasing and estimating; as well as mentoring Co-Ops.
- Creates bid packages and conducts thorough scope reviews during estimating and buyout phases
- Oversees change order management process
- Participates with subcontractor coordination
- Assists with project estimating and prequalification processes
- Manages document control processes (RFI’s, Submittals, Change Orders etc.)
- Performs daily project coordination
- Assists in site planning and material management
- Procures materials
- Conducts onsite quality control checks
- Implements onsite safety plan
- Develops the project budget upon assignment and notification of award
- Processes pay applications
- Approves invoices
- Updates schedule and runs weekly labor reports
- Oversees start-up and commissioning
- Manages project closeout
This Job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time and this job description may be revised with or without notice.
- Position reports to: Market Channel Leader
- Position is a mentor for: Project Engineer, Co-op
- Position is mentored by: Senior Project Manager, Project Manager
- Position to work closely with: Project Superintendent, Superintendent, Senior Superintendent
Level of responsibility
Project Size: Effectively and efficiently work on the company’s medium to large projects.
Project Team: Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Superintendent,
Superintendent, Senior Superintendent
- Professional, dependable and ethical
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Member of a professional organization preferred
- Participate in career fairs and co-op recruitment
- Keep up with current technology (BIM, 3D Modelling, Pipe Detailing, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction knowledge – has some knowledge, as well as interest and ability to readily learn more about the types of work involved with the project.
- Knowledge of plans and specifications
- Knowledge of equipment and instruments
Education and Experience
- 4 year BS degree in engineering, construction management or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of construction experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employee of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Technically proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook required. Primavera/Oracle scheduling, Sage Timberline, AutoCad, and Viewpoint are a plus.
Well-organized, self-motivated and able to proficiently perform duties with little supervisory guidance
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Motor Vehicle report required.
LEED certification a plus.
PE certification a plus.
Light or low amount of physical exertion. Limited manual dexterity or physical manipulation. Minimal or low level of physical stamina and endurance. Maintain regular and punctual attendance, work overtime as assigned, travel overnight as required, drive long distances, work in cold, hot, dusty, loud environments, and comply with all company policies and procedures including safety.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com