Responsible for their market channel’s performance including safety, sales, profitability, growth and personnel development.
- Participate in annual planning process, review meetings and forecast updates for the Market Channel.
- Prepare overall operational plan and forecasts as scheduled.
- Participate in corporate strategic planning activities.
- Responsible for cost control and profitability within their Market Channels.
- Review and monitor projects to ensure profitability.
- Provide oversight in pre-planning, purchasing, manpower, costs, schedule, changes, and client satisfaction.
- Possess general knowledge of monthly closing procedure and review overrides (Gross Margins) for projects in market channel. Be prepared to discuss with President or EVP.
- Oversee Market Channel Operations with general oversight on staffing personnel.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis.
- General oversight in major labor relations issues.
- Prepare and submit proposal authorization forms to VP of Preconstruction Services.
- Work with CEO and Director of Safety to deal with deficient safety surveys and in crisis management.
- Maintain active relationships in the industry by participating in industry groups such as AGC and OCA.
- Ensure that Market Channel personnel remain up to date on industry developments.
- Assist in conducting client satisfaction surveys and review results with Market Channel Leaders project personnel.
- Create and maintain a “people strategy” to develop and retain key talent.
- Manage, train, mentor, and coach Market Channel personnel and identify development opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with assigned Market Channel personnel via regular office visits and monthly market channel meetings.
- Provide recognition of achievements within Market Channels.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Develop and maintain a presence for Shook in the community via attendance at key community events and participation in key community organizations.
- Develop a strategy to demonstrate commitment to economic inclusion and diversity with employees, subcontractors, owners and the community. Establish goals, track and report progress.
- Assist in conducting client satisfaction surveys and review results with Executive Management.
- Oversight of claims situations
- Assist in estimating projects as needed
- Position reports directly to: Executive Vice President(s)
- Directly reporting to this position are: Project Managers, Project Superintendents and Project Engineers
- Strong problem solving abilities with sound judgment and tolerance for a high pressure and dynamic environment.
- Ability to think creatively when approaching problem resolution, but ultimately decisive and be able to execute solutions.
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Ability to project a positive attitude and handle challenging interpersonal situations.
- Able to multi-task and effectively prioritize work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Administration required
- 10 or more years of construction industry experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com