Directs the development of short-and long-range objectives, policies, budgets, and operating plans for the Equipment Center. Managing the operations of all equipment, maintenance, personnel, and facility as well as, leads all service operations including customer relations, and budgeting for the Equipment Center. Ensures the Equipment Center operates with the policies in place, provides support to operations teams with reliable equipment and timely service, and is a financial benefit to the Company.
- Provide support to the operation teams regarding all equipment related issues
- Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
- Perform administrative functions, including payroll approval, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation
- Provide clean, safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside sources for repairs
- Negotiate and recommend to the EVP the purchase/lease of all company vehicles and equipment
- Manage vehicle and equipment preventative maintenance programs
- Manages fuel cards which includes distribution and tracking of cards
- Distributes registrations and insurance certificates to all vehicles
- Manages equipment needs, including rental & owned assets, for safe reliable equipment to operation teams
- Manages all transport operations
- Performs in depth reviews of equipment center business processes to establish practices and systems to reduce overall equipment expenses
- Manages all vendor support programs including;
- Third party equipment rental
- Enterprise fleet
- Enterprise Maintenance
- Enterprise Fuel
- Performs human resource functions for attracting and retaining employees
- Mentor all employees to build a goal-oriented team
- Manage training and career progression programs for all equipment employees under their supervision
- Works with Project Management to accurately report rental equipment related items that include usage, hours, and mileage
- Manages account payable system to ensure all payables are correctly coded and accounted for in the system
- Manages workflow of repair system by maintaining accountability of all work orders
- Manages workflow of transport billing by maintaining accountability of all transport moves
- Ensure equipment and vehicle specifications meet local laws and regulations
This Job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time and this job description may be revised with or without notice.
- Position reports to: Executive Vice President
- Directly reporting to this position are: Equipment Center Foreman, Mechanic(s), Transport Driver(s), Equipment Center Laborer(s)
- Strong problem-solving abilities with sound judgment and tolerance for a high pressure and dynamic environment
- Ability to think creatively when approaching problem resolution, but ultimately decisive and be able to execute solutions
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion
- Ability to project a positive attitude and handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Able to multi-task and effectively prioritize work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- 5 or more years of mechanical and supervisory experience within the construction or heavy equipment industry
- 3+ years of experience in a general management role. Management experience over staff of mechanics, drivers and equipment center personnel
- Ability to work closely with diverse groups of individuals, including Company employees at all levels, customers, vendors and outside professionals with whom the Company deals with on a regular basis
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills are required
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, smartphones, and tablet
- The ability to lead and train all service technicians is necessary
- Earthmoving and Crane equipment knowledge is a plus
- Familiarity with scheduling and expediting the turnaround of a rental fleet will be beneficial
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Thorough knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and regulations, company policies and procedures
- Must be multi-tasked oriented
- Knowledge of budgeting, purchasing and cost controls. Establishing ROI recommendations
- Think and act strategically carrying out long-term plans to meet operational needs and departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration or fleet management
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to communicate and understand different complex requirements of various project types and to work with different personality types.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Paperless and Viewpoint.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record. Motor Vehicle report required.
Medium amount of physical exertion. Medium manual dexterity or physical manipulation. Medium level of physical stamina and endurance. May need to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Maintain regular and punctual attendance, work overtime as assigned, travel overnight as required, drive long distances, work in cold, hot, dusty, loud environments, and comply with all company policies and procedures including safety.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org