To lead and support the day to day management of the company’s water/wastewater treatment sales pipeline as well as relationship development with consulting engineers and owners within the company’s Water Resource market. Will lead the creation and execution of project pursuit plans. Will support the development and submission of proposals with focus on comprehensiveness and win strategy. Will work with operations staff on doer/seller activities. Will work closely with the Vice President of Corporate Development and Water Resources Operations leadership in the execution of business development activities as well as the creation and execution of the market channel’s annual business plan.
- Position reports to: Vice President of Corporate Development
- Position indirectly reports to: Vice President, Water Resources Preconstruction
- Reasons for indirect reporting relationship: Will work hand in hand in the development and execution of the company’s sales and business plans.
- Directly reporting to this position: None
- Indirectly reporting to this position: None
- Reasons for indirect reporting: N/A
Execute firm’s overall marketing and strategic planning programs, and facilitate the pursuit development process for targeted project opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work hand in hand with operations leaders on a strategy of outreach, education and advocacy for alternative delivery projects, specifically in the water resources market.
- Lead the water resources market channel(s) in the management and execution of their pipeline and contact activities including updates to the CRM, with specific focus in these market’s designated geographies.
- Optimize function of the CRM as a business development and sales tool including recurring touches with targeted decision makers.
- Work with the marketing team on the development and execution of an annual marketing and communications plan.
- Contribute to an enduring relationship program with the company’s past and current clients while constantly seeking out new client relationships.
- Lead and support senior management’s sales efforts.
- Lead targeted project pursuit process including oversight of business pursuit plans, proposal development, interview prep and client communication.
- Contribute to Shook’s image in the local communities in which it has offices and other target markets through community sponsorships, charitable contributions, associate services on boards and committees, public relations, and other appropriate venues. Track and report on these efforts and the long-term results in order to consistently monitor progress, achievements, and redirect efforts as necessary. Assist operations staff in doing the same.
- Apply critical thinking, problem-solving and research to define and access future markets for Shook.
- Support Shook doer/seller teams in client meetings.
- Assist in the development and execution of Shook’s corporate business development and marketing strategy.
- Lead monthly business development calls to discuss positioning on active pursuits and plan near and long-term business development activities.
Education: College degree required, preferably in an engineering discipline related to the design or construction of water/waste water infrastructure.
Experience: At least 5 years industry experience with a strong preference for understanding of water/waste water infrastructure, alternative delivery and the water/waste water marketplace. Familiarity with the construction market and specifically water/waste water resources in Ohio and surrounding states. Past experience with the RFQ/RFP response process, contact management and project pursuit planning. Understanding of various delivery methods for construction.
Required Skills: Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with team members at all levels in the organization. Polished presentation and interpersonal skills. Must possess top-level business management and facilitation skills. Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
Special Skills: Knowledge of the water resources marketplace is very preferential.
Personal Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding, relationships and experience working with both local and national water/waste water engineers.
- Experience in an active role on the execution of alternative delivery water/waste water projects.
- Familiarity and relationships with owners, managers and operators of water and wastewater infrastructure plants, preferably in Ohio and surrounding states.
- Articulate with confident communication skills, both written and verbal, and highly developed presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; highly credible with strong sense of personal and professional integrity; able to inspire and encourage others to achieve at the highest levels.
- Highly motivated, demonstrating a creative approach to marketing and business development; demonstrates initiative, drive, determination, and accountability.
- A consultative approach to management; a committed team player.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com