At Shook, community means people. We recognize that our continued success relies on the sustained growth and health of our communities and the people that live there. Shook is committed to being a dedicated corporate citizen, focused on supporting our clients, causes meaningful to our employees and organizations that contribute to the sustained betterment of the communities in which we live and work. Check out our Facebook page for information on our latest activities!
Recent organizations in which we have been involved include:
March of Dimes
Reid Hospital BRAvo! Relay for Life
Investments in Education
Investing in future generations is important to us. By investing in our students, we are investing in the future of the construction industry. Be it providing student scholarships, offering full-time co-op positions or participating in high school programs (i.e., the Ohio Contractors Association’s Constructor for a Day program and the ACE Mentoring program), we are encouraging students to explore the design and construction industry as career choices.
Most recently, we have offered the following scholarships:
- $2,500 annual scholarship to a female or minority student in University of Dayton’s Civil Engineering program
- $25,000 endowed scholarship to a female or minority student at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- University of Dayton Endowed Construction Engineering Scholarship to minority and female upper-class students majoring in civil or mechanical engineering who are interested in pursuing a career in construction
- A Construction Education Endowment supporting construction education programs at University of Cincinnati’s College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Scholarship to a minority or female student majoring in civil/mechanical engineering or construction management in either the Dayton or Cleveland regions attending an Ohio Foundation of Independent College (OFIC)
No testimonials found